Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: Want a piece of my Peace?


Seems like everyone is going through the “go through” right now. But, honestly when are we not! That’s life right. Everything in life will never be just right because we live in an imperfect world. God knew this, and that’s part of the reason why Jesus came down. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
 Jesus came down so that we can have the opportunity to have peace in this life and peace in the next life. I remember in school, one of my friends asked me why I was always so calm, and never stressed out before taking a test like everyone else. I thought to myself, and of course I started to give myself props like I’m just that good (YEAH RIGHT!!), I don’t need to sweat anything. I finally answered her, and just said I don’t know. Later that day, after repenting of my pride (SORRY JESUS!!) God brought back to my remembrance the TRUE REASON why I was so calm. IT WAS HIM! Jesus is the real reason why I have SOOOOOO much peace when I go through my “go through”.  If it wasn’t for him, I would definitely not be where I am right now in my life (THANK YOU JESUS!).
In Luke 19:41-42 it says, As he(Jesus) approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes.”  I believe Jesus was weeping over that fact that he knew his own people would reject him, the Prince of Peace. Why was he weeping? I think it’s because he foresaw all that they would go through because they didn’t accept his peace. Jesus wants to bring peace to our lives. All we have to do is believe in him, and acknowledge the fact that he is the great Prince of Peace. It is HE alone that can bring us through the storms of life. Nothing else in this world can give us a peace that surpasseth all understanding. Jesus said “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27). Our Father can make everything right!
Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! I like this. Especially how all the peace we need is in Christ. All we have to do is step aside and let God do what He does.

    ReplyDelete