Monday, September 1, 2014

WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL: All Out!!

First of all, I pray is having a blessed and enjoyable Labor Day!!!



There comes points in our lives when we are all out. This may be we're out of words to describe our feelings. Or we may be out of options for escaping certain situations. First, I want to talk about when you are out of ways of getting out of your situation.

When you see there is no way out, God will make a way out. The psalmist David said "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2) First, we gotta understand and remember where our help comes from. Many times we try to handle situations by ourselves. We try to depend on our own strength. In service yesterday, Bishop mentioned that many times we go through situations we don't need to go through. He said that if we would just open up our mouth and cry to God, He would handle the situations. When we get to the point where we are out of no way or in the valley, that is the time to cry out unto God. David said "Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth will I CRY unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is HIGHER than I." (Psalm 61: 1-2)

Hannah is a woman that understood where her help came from. She understood that she had a need and that God was the only one who could fix her need. So she cried out to God and said if you give me a son, he will serve you his life. She knew that there was no other way to have kids but by God. She trusted God and stuck with the word that she gave to God. When she DEPENDED on God and gave Him what she had, He stepped in and took care of the situation. When you are depending on God, you are walking by faith and KNOWING that God will take care of it. There is no doubt in your mind that the situation won't work in your favor. Before she cried out to God and talked to Eli, she was sad and was not eating. After the talked with God and then Eli, she left the temple and was happy and eating food. She walked out of there changed and praising God. We have to give God the praise and depend on Him.

For whatever you're going through, I encourage you to see who is your help. Who is it that you depend on and that you seek for help? If you want something from God or if you have a need, seek God and ask Him. Sometimes you do have to cry out to God. But, if you give your ALL to God, He will come through and provide. 



The second situation of when you're all out is with when you are just out of words.
If you know me, there are times where I just make up words. You'll hear different words or phrases like thingamobobber or what's his/her face. Or I'm infamous for creating words. And I'll get the looks like what did you just say. And I'll just keep going on. Sometimes with our walks with God, we try to force words to come out or we try to create worship by forcing things to happen. In reality, worship is just letting true feelings flow out. True worship is what is done daily and just a lifestyle. In John 4, Jesus talks to the Samaritan woman about God seeking true worshippers and how it doesn't happen at a certain church facility. When worshipping, a lot of times words can't and don't come to mind. During those times, let your heart speak for itself. This song My Heart Sings by William McDowell is an awesome song. I encourage you to listen to the words.

How can I describe a God that's indescribable is the first line. If you think, there is only a finite source of words to describe this infinite God. Even that's not enough words to describe Him. Tye Tribbett said on one of His songs that when describing that God has been good is an inaccurate description. He said good ain't good enough. You gotta say God's been so aaahhhhhhh to me. That's how it feels. When I'm describing God, there are some words but they don't describe the fullness of God.

Next line is How can I explain a love that's unexplainable. Talking or thinking about God's love is never ending. If you think about it, how is it that a man with all power and being all knowing die for people that would reject Him? How is it that He gave His perfect life for a wretched, stubborn sinner as myself? To me, it's mind blowing. I can't fathom or describe this agape love. It brings me to the next line in the song. I'm at a loss for words.

Then you get to the point where your heart just starts to worship God. We were created to worship God so your body knows what's it's supposed to do. So, when you don't have any words, your heart just cries out  Oh!!! There are no words needed. When you get to the point where the worship is true and flowing with sincerity, there doesn't need to be any words attached with it. You just gotta cry unto God. Just like when in your darkest hour or feel there's no way, just cry out unto God.  




Whether you are out of ways to escape your situation or whether you are out of words to describe your feelings, I encourage you to just let your heart speak. Cry out unto God and let the worship flow. God hears and He will respond. Trust Him as He has your back.

Be blessed!!!

Steven Gable


Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment