Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekly Devotional: LOVE


“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered it keeps no records of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails” 1 Corinithians 13: 4-8. Love is many things but anything negative it is not. Love withstands the test of time and can overcome many obstacles.

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  We love because he first loved us” John 4:18-19. And “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whomever believe in him shall not perish but have ever lasting life” John 3:16.

We all have our own journey in life, our own God given purpose in which we should fufill. Our upbringings, environments, talents and interest make us unique, but with all the differences we still have a common goal. Amongst other things we are called to show love; “Love thy neighbor as yourself” Marc 12:31and “love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might” Deuteronomy 6:5.

We can show God we love him by being obedient to him and following his will for our lives. “11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love” 1 Corinithians 11:13.

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the Lord” Proverbs 18:22.  As I sit here on the balcony of my hotel room writing this blog, I cannot help but think how blessed and favored I must be. I just got married and it is truly a blessing from God.  Love is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment