Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly Devotional: It's Love


It’s Love

Have you ever felt like David did in Psalms 77?

Psalms 77
 1 I cried out to God for help;
    I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
    at night I stretched out untiring hands,
    and I would not be comforted.
I remembered you, God, and I groaned;
    I meditated, and my spirit grew faint.[
b]
You kept my eyes from closing;
    I was too troubled to speak.


Weeks have gone by and I'm wearied spiritually. Praying has become work, fasting has become a nuisance and I have laid my faith down.

I thank God he is just and loving to forgive our sins, as long as we confess them. Repenting of my sin, I’m ready to revenge my disobedience and seek to please God. I begin to thank God for his mercy and just gave him praise. In the middle of my prayer, I was reminded, that I love the Lord. I began to sing unto God, “I love you, I love you lord today, because you cared so much for me.”
God’s love for us is everlasting, as he guarantees he will always forgive us. Jesus Christ was the sacrifice for all sin, and now there remain no more sacrifices for sins. There is nothing anyone can do to wash away their sin. Simply believing on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ life and then confessing our sins will make us recipients of God’s eternal forgiveness. This simple and forever process of forgiveness will strengthen our love for God. It should strengthen our love and adoration, because God wants us back in spite of our sin.

This is the reason I pray, go to church, read the bible and seek to live righteously. It's this love of God. We can’t let go of the promises God and this love. God has greater for you and I, don’t lose focus on these things. God is not saying these promises and great things are optional, but guaranteed in him. Keep your eyes and your faith in him. I command the believer to stand and hold onto the promise of God, for he is faithful that promised.

When we fall, just like David we get up by recalling the great things God has done to rekindle our love!! One thing I’ll share is, by tomorrow, I’ll have completed a full year at Montclair after returning from a four year break.

11 I will remember the deeds of theLord;
    yes, I will remember your miraclesof long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
    and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”



No comments:

Post a Comment