Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekly Devotional: God helps you Believe


God helps you Believe

A year and months had passed and yet my prayer list is the same. One morning, I woke up and decided I wanted to please God to gain his attention. God seemed to always reward me for pleasing him. Longing to see God manifest and intervene once again in my life I prayed, "How can I please you?”
Then I waited for an answer, hoping to hear God. But I heard nothing. Dejected I said to myself, I tried. Before going back to sleep, I decided to read the bible and at least show God I was serious. I began reading Hebrews casually until, this scripture woke me up.

Hebrews 10:37-39
37 For in just a little while the Coming One will come and not delay.
38 And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”

This scripture made me repent immediately, because I had lost my faith. The reason I was seeking to please God that morning was to avoid confronting that issue which needed faith. I didn't want to keep praying, keep believing over the same prayer list, nothing seemed to be availing. 

But I was refilled in faith that morning and prayed over my same prayer list. Except, this time I prayed with a different confidence and different faith. My journey with God hasn’t been that long; I consider it four years now. In those four years, it has been a journey and in that journey God has been faithful to me. So there will be times when I’m wearied in faith, but as long as I stay connected to God he will restore my faith. God will help you believe. This story is an example of that. I wanted to know how I could please God. The answer was keep believing in him, that pleases him.



No comments:

Post a Comment