Tuesday, December 17, 2013

TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: Practice The Peace You Were Given

I know we're all familiar with the phrase, "Practice what you preach." Honestly I get annoyed with that phrase mainly because I'm either being convicted of something or I just genuinely feel that it's hypocritical. However, as children of God it is our duty to practice what we preach or in most cases it is our duty to practice what we are taught. Especially for us bloggers, in many conversations amongst ourselves we often have to find ways to practice exactly the life lessons that we take away from reading the Bible. It's easier said than done…BUT that won't stop me today from trying to incorporate peace in everything that I do.

Today's reading in Philippians 4 focused on peace. Webster's Dictionary defines peace as "freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility; a state in which there is no war or fighting." While searching for the specific definition I came across numerous definitions that associated peace with freedom from war. Originally I thought it was quite odd because applying peace to my life has nothing to do with a war. Actually, when I think of peace I think of God's presence. However after careful consideration, the definition of being free from war makes perfect sense! When we have peace we are free from spiritual warfare. We are free from doubt. We no longer war against worry. When we have truly found our inner peace that means the war has ended and we have won! Why have we won the war? Well we always win because when we are spiritually mature enough to accept our peace we allow God to have free reign over our lives. Certain things that happen in life are beyond our control and warring against God doesn't do anything for us. As with any war we become drained, we leave battered, we return home bruised, and because he's God we leave defeated. 

For the past two months I have felt drained and almost defeated. Before I had a chance to throw in the towel, my peace came knocking on the door. Honestly, I refused to throw in the towel because my pride would not let me --- to be exact my pride in God would not let me. Knowing who God is, is knowing what he can do. Knowing what God can do is simply accepting the peace that he has given us. This peace isn't limited to me and my situation, this peace is available to all who are willing to accept Christ and to all who refuse to continue to entertain an always-losing battle against God.

Do you know what peace does to your situations? Peace makes your situations non-existent. The thing is, God has already handled every situation possible in your favor before you were even created. A quick story: I know someone who recently received the job of their dreams. This person may not be the most qualified, however to God they are more than worthy for the job. Not only that but I have had the pleasure of watching them be patient in their faith and I have never watched their peace waiver. And because of their obedience to God, patience, and constantly seeking God, a job is another thing added to their "no worries" list. Peace doesn't always have to be understood. Peace passes all understanding because it's not man-made; this is only something that God can do. Fall within God's graces and experience peace for yourself.


Whenever you waiver in the peace that God has already equipped you with say this verse aloud: 
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

I pray that we all practice the peace we were given :) 


IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO TRANSFORM YOUR TUESDAY :)
TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: JAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment