Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Fellowship


What is so Great About Having God in Your Life?

Isaiah 41
20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it

God wants to be involved in our lives. God also wants us to be cognizant of his intervention. When we apply God’s word to our lives and seek to know God more, we are inviting him into our lives. Once you invite God into your life, you are inviting the Great Things of God such as favor, blessings, direction, promises, peace, mercy, grace and this list can continue.

I’ll use my return to college as an example of HOW GREAT IT IS having God in your life! Also, how God showed me he was working in my life. The process of me returning to my former school, Montclair began with a conversation with my advisor. He informed me; I had to complete a semester at community college before returning.
    
   After, I completed a semester and my written re-admittance letter; he told me the decision process for my re-admittance would take a couple weeks. Weeks later, I called discovering I was accepted and I was ecstatic. However, soon after my advisor informed me the whole process I just took, was unnecessary. All that was required of me was filling out a form. I was shocked and in dismay that the same advisor was the informant of both contrary facts. I felt anger rise in me, and I was about to begin my combative questioning, until God stopped me.
      
God stopped me, by reminding me of the many moments where I thanked God vehemently for shutting down my plan. My plan was to directly attend Montclair. But, I simply was not ready; I had many cobwebs and needed the semester to regain my confidence. How could I complain to this advisor, when God was responsible for my path and it worked for my good? Had the advisor gave me the right information, I would’ve been at Montclair earlier, but not prepared to succeed. This situation is exactly like four other events that occurred in me returning to school. All things have simply worked out for my good! Things I thought went wrong, was simply God taking the wheel. Seeing things I considered wrong turn out to be undeniably better fills me with gratitude and whole hearted appreciation toward God in my life.

Romans 8:28
 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

No comments:

Post a Comment