Tuesday, December 31, 2013

7 DAYS OF GUEST BLOGGING [DAY 7]: Finding Peace

“Stop quarrelling with God! If you agree with him, you will have peace at last, and things will go well for you. Listen to his instructions, and store them in your heart. If you return to the Almighty and clean up your life, you will be restored” -Job 22:21-23 (New Living Translation)

                                                     

Before surrendering my life to Christ, I struggled to find a place of peace. I wanted to do things my way and serve my worldly desires. I was insensitive and blind to my sin. I was unknowingly dying spiritually and felt empty due to the substance I lacked.

I failed in trying to understand “life” while rejecting God’s will.  I fell into a downward spiral of deep insecurities and great misfortunes.  Soon after, I engaged in an unhealthy relationship, one that caused me to fall into a deep depression. Thereafter, my situation worsened.  I began to grow accustomed to an abusive relationship and subconsciously manipulated myself into thinking that mistreatment was normal and acceptable.  I had lost myself while in the relationship and felt that there was no escape from the prison my mind was held captive in.

However, though I was terribly broken, my brokenness brought me to God.  After liberating myself of the toxic relationship, I then came to the realization that God was the only one who I needed to be in relationship with and the only one that I needed to be dependent on. I literally fell to my knees when this moment of clarity took place and I made the decision to surrender myself completely to God.


Every day God takes my breath while he breathes life into me at the same time. He liberated me with the gift of peace, and due to this, I can persevere in the midst of adversity.

“Teaching them to keep all the rules which I have given you: and see, I am ever with you, even to the end of the world”-Matthew 28:20 (Basic English Bible)

GUEST BLOGGER FOR DECEMBER 31st: JAZMINE


No comments:

Post a Comment