Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: Be Thankful :)


Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and is one of my favorite times of year!  I enjoy the day off from work, cooking with my grandmother the night before Thanksgiving usually until about 2am (which is when I usually fall asleep and she continues cooking) and spending time with my family not to mention the food!  My whole family gets together and we have a great time together. We have adopted a tradition of giving thanks. After everyone is full from dinner we gather around the dining room table usually with dessert and one by one we say what we are thankful for.  It has become a tradition that I enjoy. God has done so much for my family and I that we have much to be thankful for.  Although, we express our thanks on this holiday expressing thanks to God should be done on a daily basis.

Every morning on my commute to work I give God thanks. Thanking God completely brightens up my day and usually helps me to have a great attitude. When you look around outside how can you not give God thanks? The beauty that he has provided with the sun that keeps us warm and sustains earth to the vast depths of the ocean God’s work is GREAT. I understand that sometimes life is hard and it may seem difficult to see the positives, but you always have something to be thankful for. If nothing else thank God for the air you just breathed or for the ability to see. Remember to ALWAYS  give God thanks!

Psalms 136

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever.

The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever.

The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever.

And hath redeemed us from our enemies for his mercy endureth for ever.
 

 

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!

Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment