Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Fellowship:Becoming a Better You



1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you

      This verse talks about the process of God, making you a better you. In that process God shows you, yourself. 
Sounds funny, because one would say I know me, but God shows you what's not like him. Our example we strive for is Jesus and as we draw closer to God, he transforms us into the stature of Jesus. 
      The process I went through last year, God exposed in me pride, fear, jealousy, lack of faith and this list can continue. It was all a shock to me, as I was self righteous believing I was a good Christian. However, that process exposed me, and it was undeniable every flaw he showed me.
God didn't show me to condemn me, but to help me understand I have to strive to be like him.

      One process I went through was designed to stretch my level of forgiveness. I had a boss that treated me horribly and unfairly seemingly every day. God showed me how to walk in forgiveness, as I attempted to treat every day like a new day giving her the opportunity to change. I struggled through this process. Thankfully God knows us and how much we can bear. I told God, my effort to forgive was only for him. The best gesture of forgiveness was to just say “hello”. As small of a gesture as that seems, God saw that was all I can do. God blessed me for my effort and my capacity to forgive certainly grew. 

      
Jael Monday blogger last week used a similar example in reference to a leader she had an issue with. Clearly she strives to be more Christ like as God led her to scriptures changing her mentality. She mentioned it will be tough communicating to this leader, but with prayer she'd be able. God honors every effort to obey his word and I'm sure Jael will see blessings upon walking in that knowledge. Becoming a better you, is becoming more like Jesus.


Ephesians 4:13
Until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God's Son, growing into a mature man with a stature measured by Christ's fullness


No comments:

Post a Comment