Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: The Beginning & The Ending

Today we embark upon  the book of Revelations!!!! No one truly understands how excited I am to read this book in the Bible. For the longest I was always afraid to read Revelations because it was filled with the end times. Why was I afraid? I was afraid because I either wasn't ready to face reality or because "I wasn't living right" or both! Either way, today I feel like I am spiritually aware enough to both read and understand Revelations.  Join me :)

Revelations chapter 1 illustrates the chain of command that happens between God, Jesus, angels, and servants. God told Jesus to tell his angel to warn John of things that were to come. When I read this scene I immediately thought about the game telephone. The idea is that if you don't listen, the entire message becomes encrypted before it even reaches the end. That wasn't the case for John. He was specifically chosen because of his relationship, his loyalty, and his dedication to Christ. Just thinking about John's privilege of being able to get a glimpse of Heaven makes me wonder about the different responsibilities that God has entrusted me with. We are all equally important to God just as John is, however we are not all loyal and obedient like John was. That is something that separates us. Have you ever stopped to think: What can God truly trust me with?

The Bible tells us that the time is near. What does this mean??? This means that the end of the world is near. The Bible also tells us that when this world is over, God's word will remain the same. The angel informs John that when God comes back for all of us (those who hear this prophecy and have it written in their hearts), he will descend from a cloud. Not only that, but EVERYONE will see him including all of those who doubted him. Will you be one of the doubters or will you be one of the believers?

Have you ever seen something that you thought was unbelievable??? I think that's how John felt when he saw Jesus. Every time God blesses me with something especially tangible things, I always think it's unbelievable. However, that doesn't mean that I don't believe it just means that God shows me who he is more and more everyday. He turns the impossible and makes it possible. He truly is the beginning and the ending. Everything starts with God and ends with him. 

When John saw Jesus he immediately fell at his feet as if he were dead. When I read this I could relate. When I feel like my eyes are deceiving me I feel like I'm afraid to move -- I get into shock. However, when I'm shocked I know that God will come through just as he did for John. He comforts and reassures us that everything will be okay. Why? Because he is our beginning and our ending. In the beginning he created the heavens and the earth. In addition he also holds the keys of death and Hades. Revelations is a wake up call that Jesus is coming back sooner than we know it, and if the current "shutting down the government" threat is not enough evidence, then I suggest you continue to read Revelations.

Prayer: Thank you God for being our beginning and our ending. Everything starts with you and ends with you. We trust that whatever is in your will shall come to pass because you tell the sun and the moon when to rise and when to set. Our prayer is that you continue to equip us with the tools to live lifestyles that are pleasing to your sight, lifestyles that will guarantee us access to heaven, lifestyles that will continue to draw us nearer to you in our purpose. Lord we ask that you also reveal to us things that will come to pass just as you did to John. We also ask that when you send others to warn us and give us those signs of the end times that we will not be dismissive, but yet we will be receptive knowing that it is a word from you Lord God. And lastly Lord we ask that you continue to allow us to lean unto you and not our own understanding and that you continue to lead us on the path of righteousness. We love you. Amen.


It's Never Too Late To Transform Your Tuesdays :)
TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: JAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment