Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: Are You a Sheep?

Sheep are mentioned in the Bible more than other animal, they are mentioned approximately 500 times! Needless to say sheep are very important animals in the Bible and are used to symbolically refer to God's people. God is our shepherd and we are his sheep. The Bible portrays several examples of this unique relationship. 

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)
Many times people say they do not hear the voice of the Lord or can not recognize it. According to John 10:27 if we are God's sheep we listen to his voice and know him. Recently, I had a situation in which I believed God was speaking to me telling me to relay a message. I was so unsure if it was God's voice or my own thoughts and I didn't want to give the person a false message. After hearing the same message a few times I trusted God and passed the message along. I am waiting for it to come to flourishen, but I know the voice of God and I followed his instruction so I know it will come to pass. 

The dynamic between sheep and a shepherd is distinct. As mentioned, the sheep recognize the voice of the shepherd and will follow him. The shepherd protects his flock against any predators and would give his life for his sheep. This powerful relationship can be seen in the story of David who saved his sheep from both a lion and a bear. Likewise, Jesus who is our shepherd laid down his life for us his sheep that we might have life. "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish..." John 10:28

Next time you think of sheep remember the strong recognition they have to their shepherd's voice. We should strive to have the same sense of God's voice and follow him where ever he may lead.

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!
Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment