Sunday, August 4, 2013

GUEST BLOGGER FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST: Staying Thirsty, Or Not?


I ask this question in my title because, all my life I’ve been “thirsty.”  And this Thursday, the Thirsty Thursday: Temptation entry really caught my attention. I guess the title Thirsty Thursday is referring to being in need of the Word or wisdom of how God wants us to lead our lives, but I haven’t been thirsty for the Word. I’ve been thirsty for love, just the wrong kind of love. When all along the only love I need is from the man above. This particular day, the entry July 31st really sparked my interest because of where I am at in my life.

As a teenager I was always being promiscuous and putting myself in dangerous or unhealthy situations. Smoking, drinking, spending money on things I didn’t really need, fornicating and all types of other activities God does not approve of.  My life was slowly spiraling out of control and even after having my daughter I still did a lot of things that I am not proud of. About two months ago, I decided that I needed to change. I needed to do something different. So I started to go to therapy and take the steps I needed to take to become a better person, mother, daughter and sister. I have now been sober for 2 months and have been blessed by God with so much after deciding to give up the biggest habit I never thought I’d be able to break out of, which was smoking. And I am not talking about cigarettes. In those two months, God has blessed me with a safer car for my daughter and I, and He also brought someone back into my life who I have A LOT of love for, my daughter’s father (now my boyfriend) = ) . In this past year he has changed a lot himself. Which is actually very inspiring. To witness what he has come from and what kind of man he has turned into, a very strong God-fearing man who I am extremely proud of. We are studying the Word very frequently and go to church about three times a week.

            This is where the temptation comes in. I know the devil is very angry because he sees that together we are unstoppable. Although my boyfriend and I are still babes in Christ, when we gain more knowledge of the Word we are going to spread it to so many young couples that desire deliverance and we are going to help a lot of people. So the devil tries to use anything to distract us from what we should be focused on. He tries to steer us away from God with any little thing! Arguments, temptations, negative thoughts, and many other tactics the devil uses to tear us apart. Tempting me to get back in my old ways. But as the entry from July 31st quotes from Ephesians 6:10-11, I WILL BE STRONG IN THE LORD AND IN HIS MIGHTY POWER. I WILL PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD, SO THAT I CAN TAKE MY STAND AGAINST THE DEVIL’S SCHEMES!!!!

GUEST BLOGGER FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST: AMANDA

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad my post was able to help you out. This post was so dope. The change you're making to better not only your life but the life of your daughter is amazing and the fact that her father (your boyfriend) is also striving to be better is awesome, glory be to God. It can be difficult to break old habits and no longer fulfill the desires of your flesh, but continue to walk in faith and trust in the Lord and he will provide you with all the strength you will need."13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will provide a way out so that you can endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned how the devil is angry seeing the progress and will attempt to distract you however possible. So try not to get frustrated when trials come your way, remember its a sign of you making progress and the devil attempting to knock you off course. Continue to grow in the Lord through studying the word, attending church services etc. The strides you and your boyfriend have made are great and the two of you will be setting a wonderful example for your daughter. Continue to put God first and keep him at the center of your relationship. Its not about where you've been but where you are going, you are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Amanda!!! Pray that God continues o move on yalls behalf!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational! As you already know and shared When you love God first, he will grant the desires of your heart. May God bless y'all.

    ReplyDelete