Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: It's finally SUMMER...HEYYY!!!=)

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far, and continuing with us on this journey to reading the bible in a year!! =)

ROMANS 7
In this book Paul writes about how we are set free from the Law (the ten commandments) and bound to Christ.

What does that mean?

Paul isn’t saying that the Law isn’t right or contains flaws if you will.

“7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not!Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”[b] 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.”

Paul is saying that following the law does not make us righteous or save us from sin. It is Jesus Christ alone that brings salvation.

Honestly, if salvation came through following the law to the “t” there would be no hope for us. We are all human and everyone messes up. I don’t care who you are. Even the great apostle Paul said,

“14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, soldas a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it…24 What a wretched man I am! 

That’s crazy even Paul admitted to being wretched!!

However, Paul continues to say the Jesus is the only way to salvation and through him are we saved from our sinful nature or wretchedness.

“Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

1 SAMUEL 16

God sees the real you.

Your body is a temple or house.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.~ 1 Corithinians 6

On the inside is your soul and spirit.

Your soul is to me basically your personality, what makes you, you.
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”~Luke 10

Your spirit is what keeps you alive.
Then the Lord God formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.~Genesis 2
Many people keep their temple looking very good. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that because you should. To me it means you feel good about yourself, and you want to display how you feel on the outside. I am all down for that!! I love looking good!!=) lol.

However, sometimes we focus too much on our outer appearance and forget about our inner appearance to God. God wants our temple, soul, and spirit to look appealing and pleasing to him. After all he created us. It’s like you creating something of your own whether it be a power point presentation, a drawing, or whatever you want it to look good because it’s a reflection of you.

As children of God we should reflect in our appearance. Not only on the outside but in the inside as well. Everything has to be right.

In I Samue l 16, when Samuel was choosing who would be the next king after Saul he honestly thought that it would be any other son of Jesse besides David.
When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed stands here before the Lord.”
However,  “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

So, when you’re getting dressed and ready to strut your stuff. Don’t forget that God is looking at your heart.=)

Stay in God’s peace, not in pieces=)
Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment