Friday, June 21, 2013

Fellowship Friday: Faith is Hard, but Possible

Faith isn’t easy because were human. We learn to trust what we see, what we can do, what we can control and what our world tells us are possible. Faith is a fight and an ongoing struggle for mankind.
This is a great reason we need to develop a life of reading the bible and hearing people breakdown the bible via pastors, songs, TV and any avenue. Bible states:

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
 
How can we have faith without knowing God’s word? We learn of the Greatness of God through the bible. We learn of the Limitlessness of God through the bible. We learn there is Answers to Relevant Problems in Our Life and to Current Problems in Life through the bible.
The story in Mark 5 about a man and his sick daughter is a faith builder. It is a faith builder because it shows an answered prayer and an example of how to believe/trust/faith in God.
 
1.      Create your belief, imagine the positive results of your prayer
23”I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.”
 
2.      At times things get worst, God gives his people a word in these times, TRUST IT.
35”Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?”
36 “As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.”
 
3.      Faith causes action, despite the appearance, keep moving as if what’s not will be
40”he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying.”
 
I can share a brief testimony on faith. It was a week before school started and I was battling with doubts in my ability to succeed in school in 2013. The last I had been in school was in 2009 and I wasn’t successful. The thoughts echoing in my mind were I’ll fail again, I can’t do this and just negativity. These doubts were loud in my mind and echoed constantly.  I was in prayer everyday battling these doubts and became free from them after each prayer. However, the next day the battle began again. I became tired of battling every day the same doubts and these doubts began to dominate my mind. I began to believe these doubts and worry consumed my mind.
 
At the end of that week I made up in my mind that I don’t have to suffer from these doubts. I created the positive belief that God would set me free from these doubts at Friday Prayer my church had. I believed God would free from these doubts that were tormenting day after day as soon as I joined in church prayer. I vowed to God, I’m not going home or leaving the church until he frees me from these cycling doubts. We had a powerful prayer meeting that night and my mind was cleared of all doubts. However, as soon as I sat down a doubt arose in me. I was immediately disheartened knowing the battle wasn’t over and that I had to continue to fight these doubts. Soon after this doubt arose in my mind, a man sitting next to me whispered in my ear, “Don’t worry about school it will be alright”. I broke down in tears and a peace came over mind after he said this. These are ordinary words I heard plenty of times, but difference is God was with them. These words were spoken exactly after the doubt arose in me, such perfect timing can only come from God. I was sitting in my seat normally and had the appearance as if nothing was bothering me. Only God knew how these doubts tormented me. Those doubts never came back and I did great this year. Have faith in God he cares, he knows the perfect timing and he knows our heart. Let God be God in your life. Trust him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment