Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Transforming Tuesday: Thank You Lord For Blessing Me Anyhow


Has God ever done something for you even when you haven't deserved it? Has he ever blessed you when you've failed him? Has he ever made a way out of no way in your life? I'm sure he has because that is exactly who God is and what he does!!! He's the same God who died for your sins and the same God who has kept you.

Today's reading focused on Job and his entire life. Job, in my opinion, being one of the most humbled men in the bible has shown time and time again his faith in adversity. He has acknowledged God when things were going great and when they were bad he rarely ever questioned him; he trusts God completely. How many times do we only go before God when we need something? I find this ironic because I know many of us hate to feel used. For example when we only hear from certain friends whenever they need something. Doesn't that bother you? I know it bothers me! At the same time we do that to God. The only difference is, is that God continues to show mercy on us but we refuse to show that same mercy on our friends.



Job in Chapter 29 speaks about the blessings of God in his prime. When he was blessed financially and spiritually, people were very receptive to him. They listened when he spoke, they rose when he entered a room, and they respected his opinions. Job was on top of the world when everything was working out in his favor. He was like many of us where he was surrounded by loving family and friends and had a little bit of money. Job even felt as if he had his life planned out. Job was no different than you and I.

Job thought he was going to live a long life and that he would eventually die in his house. He planned his future. How many times have you planned for something to happen and God has taken you a whole different route than what you expected? I'm sure Job never thought he would lose his family and friends and be stricken with disease. I wouldn't even think any of the three for my life but that doesn't mean that it isn't what God has planned for me. Whether I agree with God's plans or not, I have to be mature enough in the spirit to accept his plans and trust that they are what's best for me.

I know numerous people who have had their lives planned out and they have ended up somewhere totally different. I know couples who have made vows to spend the rest of their lives together and end up divorced within years. I know individuals who have set up future events but unfortunately have passed. That's the thing, life is never predictable, but God being there is always predictable. Job states, "for the days when God watched over me, when his lamp shone on my head and by his light I walked through darkness! Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me" Job 29:2-5 (KJV). God has kept Job through his darkness and some way somehow has guided him.

One thing we must not forget in our walk with Christ is to acknowledge that God is always with us. The bible says he never leaves nor forsakes us. And because of that we must give him praise in spite of what is going on. Life is unpredictable and everything can always take a turn for the worst. I remember when my grandmother passed away and I just could not understand why God had to take her. As a person who does not know how to handle death well, I had a hard time talking to God. I remember growing so angry and distant from everything and everyone. I was truly depressed on the inside. This was a woman who was not related to me by blood, but who took me in as her own grandchild. She was the sweetest person I knew and would give you the shirt off of her back if you needed it. She always had a good word for you if you needed some encouragement and she would always pray for everyone. She was truly an angel and that is why I didn't know why God would just take her the way he did. It wasn't until a year later that I realized why he took her. He took her because her job here was done and he needed his angel back. 

I am a firm believer that we go through traumatic experiences to grow closer to God, seek God, and to humble ourselves before God. Some of our experiences are used to help guide others and often times while on this Earth we positively impact the lives of others. When bad things happen like death and illness, that doesn't stop God from using us the way he wants to use us. If we are like Job and are able to remember how faithful God is when things are good, then we should not second guess him when things are bad. God is not like us, meaning he doesn't give up. Quitting is a character trait that we as humans posses. Remember that God loves you so when things get tough...praise him in advance! Victory is closer than you think. And with God on your side, you cannot lose.

Challenge: Thank God for what he has done in your life. Thank God for what is he is doing in your life right now. Thank God in advance for what he is going to do in your life.


It's Never Too Late To Transform Your Tuesday!
Transforming Tuesday: Jamera

No comments:

Post a Comment