Tuesday, April 16, 2013

TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: Be A Witness

Do you witness to your friends? Do you spread the gospel of Christ? If you don't, is it because you are ashamed or is it because you fear rejection? Don't forget what God has bought you from and the possibility of where he is brining you to. Everyone has the right to know how GREAT God is!! 



Today's reading focused on the power of God through the act of witnessing. Often times most of us are afraid to witness or feel intimidated out of the fear that people might not receive us. This is mainly because a lot of us fear rejection. I remember growing up I always hesitated to witness to others about the power and love of God. I remember always seeing my mom and other elders in the church telling everyone they met about the power of God. I've always admired that about them because they seemed so fearless. I know when my mom used to witness to her friends and invite them to church they did not come to church initially but for some reason they've eventually came to church. Talk about sharing the gospel! Just Sunday my mom invited someone to church while in Walmart. I've realized that as I've grown older I have found is so much easier to witness to others. Now I don't hesitate to tell the world how good God has been to me!!! Life is too short not to and in reality, I wholeheartedly understand where my help comes from and I know for a fact I cannot do for myself what God CAN and HAS done for me.

It's no secret that I live for God and him only. I am more conscious of the things I say and the things I do. This is because witnessing is not going door to door and inviting people to church. Witnessing is in the way that you talk, the way that you walk, the way that you see, the way that you think, and the way that you hear; witnessing involves all 5 senses because it is a lifestyle. I say this to say that if you're going to preach about the goodness of Jesus and try to bring people to Christ you have to exemplify that type of lifestyle and that's with anything. It's kind of like endorsing a product!!! Ever wonder why celebrities who endorse products with commercials but never endorse that product in person??? Because it obviously can't be that great LOL! Think about Beyonce and House of Dereon....now we know that clothing line was not that great to say the least smh. She never wore her own product except for on a few occasions and we know why! Then take someone like P. Diddy, he wears his name brand clothes and has done so on my red carpet events, which shows us that it's a great or somewhat of a great product. That's how we should be when it comes to witnessing. Let's endorse Jesus and wear the goodness of his works in everything that we do!!! I'm talking about praying for your friends when they express hard times and worry, inviting them to church, and inviting them to bible study. I'm not saying we are going to be perfect because that's not true. What I'm saying is that we should strive to be more like him and inform others. And let's remember that God doesn't NEED us to endorse him, because he's God ALONE! But as Christians and people who claim to have a relationship with Christ, these are things we should do.

In Acts 5, the Apostles gained many followers as they were preaching the gospel. People were bringing the poor, mentally ill, and sick to them and people were being healed left and right. The high priest grew angry because they were gaining believers and so the apostles were jailed. However, God sent an angel of the Lord during the night to open the jail doors and the Apostles were released and continued to preach the gospel. That just shows you that when you are in bondage and serving God that he can free you from that to continue to do his will. Think about a time you were in bondage and called on the name of God and he showed up and made everything work out. I know for me I was recently hired for a judge and I felt like I was in bondage before that because I went on a million interviews and it took forever for me to get hired. I didn't get too discouraged because I knew God had a plan and his plan has had perfect timing thus far. The same is true for those of us who fear endorsing Christ; if we fear rejection but witness anyhow, God will honor our obedience.  According to Peter: “We must obey God rather than human beings! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross.31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.” (Acts 5:29-32 NIV).

I've always found it interesting that people who don't have Jesus in their hearts always find a way to understand the importance of him. This is because they know people know how important and real Christ is. An example of this is when a teacher of law known as Gamaliel states, 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” (Acts 5:38-39 NIV). Someone who didn't believe in God said it right there: If your actions are a part of your purpose by God, then you are unstoppable. Always remember that! With God anything is possible...so why would you not endorse God through witnessing?

My Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for who you are and for loving me despite my many flaws. I pray that you continue to keep me and guide me and to give me the strength to face rejection, knowing that with you I am an overcomer. I pray:
  • when people see me, they see you
  • when people hear me, they hear you
  • when people think of me, they think of you
  • when people speak of me, they speak of you
  • when people touch me, they touch you
Everyday Lord I am striving to be more like and you and I ask that you continue to draw me nearer to you. I would also like to pray for the victims of the Boston bombing and ask that you heal the wounds of everyone affected. I also ask that you bring this nation closer together because we are living in the end times. I pray for love, peace, comfort, wisdom, guidance, and direction. You are the truth and the life and if anytime is the time to serve you, Lord it is today. I ask that people seek your face in times of trouble and they rejoice you anyhow. Thank you for keeping me and for keeping my friend who is reading this. We love you. Amen!


It's Never Too Late To Transform Your Tuesdays!
Transforming Tuesday: Jamera




No comments:

Post a Comment