Friday, April 12, 2013

Fellowship Friday: Truly Change Your Life



There was a man in the book of Acts desiring to truly change his life. He was lame from his mother’s womb and so he had people daily lay him down at the gate of the temple of God which was called Beautiful. Peter and John men of God were headed to this temple. By these references we know inside this temple God was moving, changing lives and manifesting his presence.
            This lame man wanted to change his life. His life was a daily cycle of being carried and laid down next to the gate outside the temple of God then proceeding to beg for money the rest of day.
Lame Man Diary (Imagined)
Monday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Tuesday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Wednesday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Thursday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Friday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Saturday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
Sunday carried me to the gate and laid me down. I asked all entering the temple for money, I got enough for today. Back again tomorrow.
     The bible says the lame man one day asked for money as usual, but God intervened sending his servants. They knew exactly this man’s need for true change in his life. They commanded him in the name of Jesus to rise and walk. The thing that caused his cycle was his lameness so God gave him strength to get up and walk.
And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
            God gave this man what he truly needed for change. His strength.
The things we seek may not be the solution to truly change our cycle in our lives. If this lame man was given a fortune of money he would be in a Palace or nice house of some kind, but eventually find a place to sit and dwell continuously saddened by his state of lameness. He would still be recognized as that lame man, just now a rich lame man. True change is found in and only in God. This world provides many things to attain or add, but only God is the creator of a new life. When you come to God he will give you a new life, a new direction, a new purpose, a new mind and
It will be his Holy Spirit that truly changes you.
The things of this world are earthly thereby only resulting in change that we earthly inhabitants recognize. When God departs his Holy Spirit within you, this is a heavenly gift that will truly change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment