Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: God Will ALWAYS Be With You

Have you ever been envious of someone who didn't live according to God's will but had money, fame, or success?  Do you want to seek revenge on people who hurt you? Are you currently faced with any difficult situations? If you can answer yes to any of the above questions then Psalms 37 is for you!

It may be easy to be envious of those who seem to have everything going for them despite living lives that go against God's will. The bible makes it plain that the ways of the wicked will be destroyed. "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb." Psalms 37:1-2
"Evildoers" may hurt us or plan to cause us harm. Sometimes we get angry and want to take it upon ourselves and seek revenge. Rest assured realizing God knows ALL plans and will avenge his believers. "The wicked plotteth against the just...the Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming" Psalm 37:12-13. It is a wonderful feeling to know that God knows what someone may be thinking of doing before they do it. He can mock them because he knows there is nothing they can do to you. Despite what a situation may seem like remember that God is always there.
Today, I received news that my company's largest account, which I manage, will be leaving due to a recent acquisition. The loss of revenue my company will face as a result of the situation will cause them to have to layoff employees. Although, I have been ensured that I will have a job with the company I will at least suffer a serious pay cut. Yet in light of news like this I still worship God because I know he is in CONTROL. I look forward to writing my testimony soon!

If you are going through a difficult time I want to encourage you that God will make everything work together for your good if you trust him. David, the author of Psalms 37 gave multiple verses to attest to God's goodness.

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37:4-5

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him." Psalms 37: 7

"But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."Psalms 37: 11

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way" Psalms 37: 23

"Though he fall he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand."Psalms 37: 24

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed." Psalms 37: 25-26

Daily Challenge: Try to memorize a few of the above verses repeat them to yourself when you are faced with difficult situations.

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!
Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

2 comments:

  1. Encouraging word Brittney. Encouraging, psalms 37. Is one of my favorite psalms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Britt!!! Thank you!!! Def encouraged and reminded me to continue to trust God. Money is tight but I have to continue to trust God for Him to provide and make ways when I can't do it. Here is a video that I think is also good. Through it all, just gotta trust God. It's called Through it all by Deitrik Haddon.

    ReplyDelete